We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Dancing in the Dark

So here we are, still in the Plant-and-Squid Cliffs of Toba. There's far too many ways for things to have tentacles here, and Medea and Audrey are not comfortable with this at ALL. Especially since, after some manuvering, we discover that the only way forward is through Squid Alley.



At the top of the cliff we find this wreath, which is identified when we pick it up as the "Tsubame" the townspeople were talking about. Tsubame=wreath, I guess? Anyway, we head back to town and offer it to the girl with the important-looking sprite. No go. Nobody else in the pub takes it either, even though they're all talking about it.


But somebody mentions Mermaid, so I guess we'll sail over there and see what we can do.



Mermaid is due east of Toba, and the town plays the peaceful music from the little port town that was built on the ruins of Fort Pile o' Kanji. Construction seems to be... log cabin?


The bartender says something about something being "lucky," but I have no idea what. The door out the back of his shop leads...


...here. Nothing happens, but interestingly the game hesitates just a split second as I cross the bridge. Something's gonna happen here, even if it won't happen yet.


Time passes as you explore this town! It's night now, and I head back to the bar to see if anything appears behind it now.


There's a woman in the bar, and some odd music plays.


She dances. Which is easier to make out in the photo than it is onscreen- I thought it was a flying kick. By the time I get out back, it's daytime again- damn! So I walk out of town and see what's around.


The first two kanji are for "Demon/Magic" and "Woman." Together I believe they usually mean "witch," more or less. Maybe our dancing queen lives over in this cave?

2 comments:

  1. I know you posted this a few months ago, but "tsubame" means "sparrow" in Japanese, so it's probably just a bird's nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you! I'll have to see if there's a specific place I'm supposed to take it. (Though I just hope it was empty when I grabbed it- it's been a few hundred years now...)

    ReplyDelete