We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, March 28, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: The Demon Star Falls

The mine is well-guarded- gonna have to pick and choose my fights as usual. I find two sets of stairs leading down, but the one on the left has a guard so I pick that one. It leads down to a pair of chests, one with 100K in Crowns and one with an epee named Robuo-men, or something like that. But also to a dead end, so I sprint back up to the top floor and hit the other staircase.

 On the way down we hit a vicious fight where most of us are turned to stone. Audrey recovers from being charmed by a Medusa and pulls us through. All of us except Algol. Hope Enrique's ready to roll when we're done here!

As with most dungeons in 8 and 16-bit games, it's a contest of endurance. I pop some Tech Point-restoratives on the fourth or fifth level, and we hold out okay.


This is called a Chariot. I don't know if it's comin' for to carry me home, but if it is I can't do much about it. Kuwawa gets in a 4200-point hit before it kills us all. I didn't know that technique could do that, but still, Reset!


Just when I'm driving myself nuts trying to figure out where I'm going, I find a secret passage!


Whee, bosses! The first set has Cobra Commander and some random mook. The second group I keep getting a second opinion on until it's the same plus a skeleton thing that's easy enough to deal with.


The third group is this angel-looking thing called a... Sephirath? Maybe it's different take on spelling Sephiroth, but I'm not so sure. Either way, Audrey one-hits it and we get the persistent victory music. Guess we liberated a mine! The miners all say the same thing, but once again it's a different same thing.


The generation doesn't seem to be over, so we hustle back to Nuono and pick up the new guy. Welcome aboard, Enrique!

No comments:

Post a Comment