We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Fritz Survives More Than Two Consecutive Fights!


Sounds and looks like I'll be fighting! I walk south, under a huge building, and I'm asked two questions. I say First Answer to both, and I'm ushered through the door.


It appears to be a one way door. Southward are some windy plains and, as expected a fight!


An Ogre and a Crazy Sun, which I hope is the LESS lethal version of the Fly Manba from last week. Agnes and Walrus lose LP, but at least she learned a new Bow tech first! We're doing okay, but I really need Walrus to not die EVERY fight, because I'd like to go through more than a dozen without using my uber-Rare LP-restore or replacing him. One of the monsters through here has a vicious-ass Lightning attack that does almost 300 damage a person. We're expending a lot of tech points, but we're making it through most of this. I've also discovered that one of Fritz's new Shiny spells is a healing technique. Good!


There's a path of still grass among the windblown parts that leads to... this. Is this a pirate ship? A base camp? I have no idea, but I can't enter it or interact with it in anyway. But the path leads further south, so down we go.


We're on a second screen now, and it's full of monsters. We're still hanging in there, this despite Amethyst being long out of MP and me having no MP-restoratives. She's chalking up new levels in her Rapier/Epee/Whatever pretty quick, though!


There's a small village out here! Nothing noteworthy except a place to rest. Time to raise Amethyst's Foom levels some more! The ability to run has changed things a lot: if I get a particularly nasty group, I can back off and see if I get a better draw. We're losing far fewer LP now.


And now we've found an even larger village! There's a path out to the south, and to the north...


...I dunno. Last time I stepped aboard an unattended boat, I was whisked to a cave full of Tentacle Death. We'll check that out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment