We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Getting Antsy.

The furniture in Yuuyan leads me to believe this is supposed to be Japan, or at least Japanesque. The weapons shop has a Katana, one actually named "Katana" in Katakana. Try saying "Katana in Katakana" three times fast, I dare you.

  
Wow, we are far afield. I wonder if I can ever get back to Avalon. There's an area to the north called Saramatt...


...and it's TERRIFYING. That's mainly by virtue of the music, a series of discordant squeaks and chirps- jungle noises. I get accosted by a bird or two before I find my way through the pond and up the cliff. I don't know what I'm doing here and I doubt it has anything to do with my promise to aid Prince Toma of Cumberland, but I don't know where I should go, so in an open-ended game I'll just wander until I hit something really big and interesting and/or a way to get back to Avalon.


That's an evil-looking mushroom. No way to tell if it's Ramblin' or not. We manage to take it down with no loss of LP, but it's close thanks to its poison attacks. Did I mention Richard's new sword does 4-500 damage with his best technique? Because it totally does.


Fighting and running and otherwise pushing through to the north gets me back to one of the areas closer to the Great Wall of Cumberland. There's a southern exit to that area I hadn't seen before, and it gets me to...



...yet another village! When I ask to rest...


...somebody shouts in the middle of the night and danger music starts playing. That's our cue!


Bugs attacking the town! Finally, some facekicking diplomacy that might make people LIKE Fritz for a change. After taking on the ant to my right, I notice that you get a choice when looking at that hole: I'm assuming it's jump/don't jump.


I backed out of the menu, and when I approach again I get to just walk in like it's a cave. So tomorrow we're killin' us some ants!

No comments:

Post a Comment