We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, March 21, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Medea Goes to Haria

Small confession: Algol didn't join my party because I wanted him so much as because I was trying to check the spell tutoring list, and it'll apparenly only allow this if the guy you talk to in the Magic Rooms is in your party, or if your party is full. So now that it is, I check to see if there's any new Foom spells to learn. Nope. And so far, Avalon hasn't changed at ALL. Five hundred years after the days of King Gerarl, there are no new buildings, and KyaaKyaaWaiWai is still the official children's game.



I decide that Medea's first act as queen will be to check out the Haria area, and to see if it's as bad for her as it was for Fritz.

    
I love her action pose here, a flying kick straight out of Fist of the North Star.


And as the masters of Hokuto Shinken say, we are already dead. The bastard things hit us with a ton of status conditions that largely made us kill ourselves. And as it turns out we're pretty damn strong. My next try at this goes a lot better- Algol and Audrey pick up new techniques, and only Kuwawa loses a single LP. We can deal with that, I think.


This is the new Shininess spell! Damn dirty shame that this Chimaera is totally IMMUNE. After this battle, Algol's out of Tech Points, and everybody but Medea has lost one LP. Time to go back to Tifarr and lick our wounds a moment. (For the record, nothing has changed in Tifarr either.)

Fascinatingly, I figure out that both of the new techniques we learned have a chance of causing an instant kill. Since Audrey's is also the most damaging spear technique we've yet learned, there's not a lot of downside there. Now that I know which enemies to avoid and which ones to go all-out against, this is a good place to level.  So that's what we're gonna do until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment