We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Medea goes to Nuono

We're leveling pretty nicely, and the insta-kill moves are shortening our battles considerably. We do lose a few more LP including Medea's first (Note to self: run from the Snow Wyrm), but Algol's still picking up more techs and levels of Mace Fu. And I run into a disturbing reuse of the hippo sprite:


Yes friends, that really is a guy in a hippo suit.
During this fight Algol learns Grand Slam, a Mace tech that hits all non-airborne enemies for heavy Earth damage at the end of a round.


Then that torch-wielding tree, bad idea that it is, teaches me a valuable lesson: at high enough levels of Foom, Fireball becomes a group-hitting spell. I'm gonna guess it's somewhere in the twenties. For now I'll stick with my physical attacks thankyoumuch.


At this point we're doing well enough that I decide to venture deeper into Haria for the first time. The caves aren't too severe, though Algol, the most fragile of the group, is down to 4 LP by the time we make it to the second part. But we're doing much better than Fritz's crew was at the end of their run.


On the other hand? LOOK AT ALL THE DAMN ENEMIES. I hack a path through and head into the cave.


That enemy is called a Mantis God. For the record, I don't fight it.


We reach the end of the Haria path and hop up into a village that, according to my status screen, is called Nuono. We'll see what's up here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment