We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Multiple Choice in Douglas

Okay, I'll admit it: since the last time I posted, I cheated just a little bit and looked at an FAQ for the parts of Romancing Saga II that I've already cleared. I've learned two important things:

1) Yes, the dungeon under Avalon was where I should've gone with Sleepwalking Gerarl and I would've gotten the Thief class character, who would've gotten me into Fort Pile o' Kanji for free and marked which doors I shouldn't have gone into. As it is, I will now apparently never get the Thief class. ARGH.

2) L lets you run away from fights if your current King is alive. This is going to expand Fritz's life expectancy considerably!

And now, we sail to Douglas:



Long boat trip, actually. We land in a nice-looking town. Very... rusty. Much redder than any other town we've seen anyway. What I glean from the katakana is that the king is named Harold. Immediately I find myself thinking of the Red Green Show, but seeing as the shops have no duct tape, this cannot be the case. Before I go into the castle to introduce myself to the king, I take a look outside to see what's what:


The place to the south is Nerack, the one to the east is Forfer. I'll check them out eventually.


The guards in the castle do not speak, and do not move. Tough crowd.



When I go into the throne room the king approaches me and dismisses his aide. The name "Toma" keeps coming up. And now I get a question. As is traditional, I take the first answer.


And then we're in the king's private chambers, or so it seems. ...I do not think this is what I meant by improving the relations between our countries, King. He says something about three people, and then I get a choice of something about... three people, oddly enough! Their names are Georg, Sophia, and Harold (though it also mentions Toma again). In this case I'll break the "First Choice" rule and pick Harold, because it's the only name I've heard before.


I'm sleeping in the guest room, and I hear the Total Party Kill music, along with an announcement about Harold.

Did... did I just order someone assassinated?

No comments:

Post a Comment