We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, March 14, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Oops.

So the first thing I do, is go back to Cumberland to see if Toma ever turned up. If not I'd better go looking again.


Huh, the port's full of soldiers- I get two options when I approach them. Option one is do nothing, option two is fight. I stick with the first option, for now. But what's that...?


 
OH FUCK IT IS SHIRTLESS GIANT. Remember him from the intro, wiping out a party very much like ours? Let's see what happens. All he does is say something- what's Japanese for "You Shall Not Pass"? Because I think that's the gist of it.



Fortunately I blundered into a secret entrance to the palace a while back, through this cabbage patch.



Dammit, it's guarded! Team Shirtless Giant thinks of everything.


Forfer's similarly occupied, with this hideous bat-creature in the throne room. It says something about a Holy Order (The Knightly Order of Plasma?) and attacks.


Its name is Hyuurion. It takes two turns to kill and takes a serious chunk out of Orion, but nobody dies. Nothing else can be done here, so it's off to Nerack. ...and then I notice that my money's steadily been going down. I've been bribing the soldiers not to fight me. Okay, next soldiers I see die horribly.


Speaking of dying horribly, all the soldiers here are ghosts. They mention Georg, but that's all I can make out. Then they attack me.



You can't see from the still photo how the ghost soldiers hover disturbingly. Every other enemy sprite in the game is completely static, but these guys float about in a breeze. It's unsettling.


Oh dear, Georg is a ghost too. I think I screwed something up. And when I talk to him he says something about Toma, and challenges me to single combat.


I take him out with one Corkscrew attack. None of this is right. What have I done?

No comments:

Post a Comment