We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Romance(ing Saga) of the Three Kingdoms


So I'm wandering the castle in the hopes of finding out what the hell I've gotten Fritz wound up in. This person says something about this Toma, but that's the only thing of note. Out in town the sad music is still going and everyone who's still around is speaking in ellipses. Nothing else to do here but head for Forfer.


It's a nice-looking little town. Somebody says something about Sophia, so I guess we've got three kids vying for succession, or some other triangular crisis between these three places.


This is noteworthy though: how many castle towns have you seen in an RPG where the castle wasn't the northmost point in town?


And here is Sophia, who seems to identify herself, I think, as the daughter of King Harold of Cumberland. So yeah, I'm going with my succession guess. Toma must be the guy the king dismissed when I got there, I guess. She speaks a freaking novel's worth of Kanji, and then I get a choice that seemingly amounts to agreeing or disagreeing with her. I'll agree.


She and I go visit who I assume is Georg, lord of Nerack. We talk a bit...


...and a dude rushes in talking about Toma, Monsters, and either a place called Tonnel, or possibly a Tunnel.


New place on the map. I guess I'm pulling Toma's ass out of the fire!

1 comment: