We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Time Marches On

Well, I discovered one thing: if you can see the world map, you can go back to any place that you control, if not every place you visited. So I could've gotten out of the Savannah a lot earlier if I tried. And Georg, Toma and their sister Wossname would probably all be alive now. Oh well.

So I decide to tackle the mine next to Tifarr. If I can make it through, there's treasure to collect that I didn't make it out with alive last time. So far, we lost a couple LP, but both from people who had more than one, luckily. Well, Richard doesn't NOW, but that's the way it goes. If we pick and choose our fights, we can make it.


Or not- Walrus goes down the very next fight. Dammit. Meet Snail, his successor! Now all of Walrus' techs and equipment won't be available until the next generation, I think. I'd rather not have anybody die, but trying to keep all these 1 LP people alive through dungeon slogs just is not feasible. To solve the very real problem of his weapon's power not being anything close to Walrus' awesome-ass sword, I hike through the creepy jungle all the way to Yuuyan, and grab a Katana like Richard's. If I'd really been thinking, I'd have gotten one for Orion too. Oh well, Orion's doing okay for now, and why waste 3K on a sword for a dude with 3 LP?


And now, back to the mines! Where, in his very first fight with his Katana, Snail picks up Richard's best Greatsword technique. I think I'm gonna like the guy. I've also come to the conclusion that Free Fight is probably the best formation, simply because everybody has equal chance of getting hit, and a lot of the linear group attacks don't hit everyone that way. Next fight, Fritz finally gets the Capoeira Kick tech again, by far the strongest unarmed technique I've yet seen.


There are two trap doors on the first floor that dump me down into rooms full of either slimes or zombies. The main floor is pretty... skeletal. All the things that turn up are nasty looking- I run from ALL of them, which is really not I usually operate.


Ah, bosses! Let's go.


This second group of Lizard Wizards turn out to be Richard's last hurrah. We'll get through the last of this without him, hopefully, and then get back to Avalon to pick up a new guy. Capoeira Kick, incidentally also stuns sometimes! Handy.


The last group merits boss music: two Horn Lizards and a Basilisk.


Poor Amethyst doesn't make it. But, in a last-minute rally, Fritz develops a countermeasure for the Basilisk's Charge attack, and fells it with a Capoeira Kick!


Avalon annexes Luton...


...and 250 years pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment