We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, April 1, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: The Water of Life (Points)

Wow, it is monstery in here. I don't think Medea's group has ever faced a dungeon quite this densely packed. So as always, I'll be choosing my battles carefully and trying to conserve LP.
   


Oh all right. Just for you, dear reader, for being with us for FIFTY TWO installments of Romancing Saga 2 to date(!), we will take on a Mantis God.
I can't tell you exactly how tough it is, because I got lucky with Audrey's petrification attack. But I can tell you that its Kamaitachi attack does about 500 damage to the whole. Damn. PARTY. So that's our first and final Mantis God challenge- hope you enjoyed it!


And here, as advertised, is the witch! Definitely not our dancer, though. She asks for 10,000 Crowns, and then I get a menu with three options. I decide to pick the one that mentions LP.


FUCK YEAH SHE MAKES LP-RESTORING MEDICINE! This has now become my favorite cave in the history of EVER. There doesn't seem to be anything else to do in her cave but fight and buy meds, but I have GOT to figure out how to annex the Mermaid area so I can just pop in and buy this stuff whenever the hell I want. So we'll head back to Mermaid a bit and see if we can catch our tiny dancer.


So now she's dancing on top of the bar! I rush out the back without talking to a soul... and it's daylight again and she's not there. DAMMIT.



Next time she dances WITH Medea. And then runs out the back door. And then vanishes once we go out the back door. Can we lay a damn trap or something? Can we put down a sheet of sticky Dancer Paper and slow her down enough to talk to her a minute? What am I supposed to DO here?

Well, after that the dancing girl won't return. The bartender stops telling me I'm lucky, and night stops falling. Did I screw up? Is this something you can only make work with a dude as a party leader? Will this have profound repercussions for Avalon and its territories somewhere down the line?

In short: now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment