We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, May 2, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Closer to Home

So we seem to have solved the Mystery of the Smashed-up Bridge. And that narwhal would've gotten away with it, if it weren't for us meddling kids and our samurai! Of course this accomplishment is not an Accomplishment with a capital A, of the kind that gets Avalon new territories and advances time by a year or two hundred. So once again we're in Deep Flail while we look for a part of the world to improve, appropriate or immolate.



Got something in the Tifarr area! The Rudon or Ludon... something. Looks like it'll be a desert to me.


Not necessarily, but there's stuff to stab at least. Our very first fight in the area knocks Grace down to 1 LP, and I'm pretty well resigned to the fact that I'm going to be replacing people sometime soon, most likely her and Gama if NOT Ferdinand. It's a twisty road, but we fight a couple battles and otherwise dodge our way through...


...to a lovely, pastoral place with town music. The status screen identifies this as "Aqua."


Ferdinand walks to the edge of the cliff and comments that the water is beautiful. And so it is, but... is this really all we can do here now? This has to be significant at some point.


We press on though, and find a way out of Ludon to the south. Looks pretty similar to the desert towns I've visited. The name I'm given on the status screen is Saigo followed by some good old indecipherable kanji. Lots of redheads here. One of the older, balding redheads tells me something long-winded about monsters, or at least featuring the word "monster," so I'm going to head back out to Aqua and see if anything has changed now.


...or possibly not. Heading out of town takes me to the map, and there's an area marked "Dungeon" over there. I can't exactly turn down an invitation like that, now can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment