We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, June 6, 2011

Dragon Quest V marked down on Amazon!

The Cheap Ass Gamer forums inform me that Dragon Quest V is now down to $20 through Amazon! The game was out of print for a long time and recently came back in stock, but now that it's $20, if you have a DS and like Dragon Quest, there is really no good reason not to get it. It looks pretty, the translation is one of those glorious translations that actually reads like it was written by and for native speakers of English (albeit ones who enjoy comical accents), and it has those awesome board-game tracks that first showed up in the Dragon Quest/Warrior III remakes. Go get it!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, I played this one a while ago. It was my first Dragon Quest game, and though I didn't feel driven to play all the rest of the series, I definitely enjoyed it. As you said, the localization is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is. I'm a fan of the series since way back, and the localizations have been wonderful since Dragon Quest VIII for PS2. The games prior to that were done by other teams, and were a little dry but competent. But I keep hoping we'll get new remakes of I-III and VII so the whole series will be this well done.

    ReplyDelete