We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Old Familiar Faces

The statues- plural -don't attack me on the way in this building, but I'm betting they will on the way out. The chests contained a weapon whose name translates (I think) to the Divine Spear of Longinus, and a mace with the much more katakana name Holy Buster. I should've named my hero Batman instead of Lance...

Huh! The angry elephant statues don't attack me, and I make it out of town fine. So where do I go now?

I think I know.



Back here, back where Leon first took Gerarl to train nearly 1300 years ago now.


And the door opens. There's a staircase I don't remember from our initial visit so long ago...


...and it leads down to this floor full of water. Reminds me of the cave where I fought Dantarg. There seem to be a couple staircases further down.


The first one I take leads me to this mausoleum. Well, graves and zombies, so I gotta assume. I find a staircase back up that leads me to a suit of armor called Tiger Armor. Sounds martial artsy to me, and so I try to put in on... and discover that the Elven Skin is cursed. DUH. Every time I try to take it off, I hear a laugh like Kefka had a cousin who's a Bass. How did I not figure that? I'm slipping, I tell you. And it turns out Tiger Armor is pretty shitty.


But I seem to have found a boss-looking person. Let's see! Approaching it makes it fly up and open the grave it's guarding, and fight a standard Skeleton mob. Fritz drops, but we're otherwise fine. Then it drops Zombies. Fritz dies again and Coppelia loses her first LP- only 98 left! -but we win again. Now GHOSTS. We all live through that one. Come down here and fight me yourself, fucker!


...Huh, it's Kujinshi again. This is probably gonna hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment