We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dragon Quest VI/6 - Day 24 (If that cave had a priest in it, I wouldn't go in.)

And we're back for Tuesday, where we found the trigger, and it not only rested up the party, but brought the dead back to life!

I want to find a place that offers the Nap of Ressurection.
And that's what I call a power nap.

In any case, I'm a bit stuck where to go next, so I'll check this steering wheel, because I think I'd enjoy the chance to drive an island around for a while. I'll bet that I can't though.

Looks more like a peanut than a cupcake now...
Apparently it's my week to be wrong about everything. That's cool, though, because I have a girlfriend, so I'm used to being wrong. She's editing this for my, by the way, so I just thought I'd let you all know that I'm a doodie head. {Ed note: It's not MY fault I'm always right.}
Anyway, as I was about to say, I need to find out where to go next... And this looks fairly likely, since it's near by.
Isolated shrines are usually good for information more than loot.
At least maybe I can get some awesome loot!.. Probably not.

See? I'm sure it'll be important later.
Nope, just an old man that says something about the number four, which is ironic, since this is the fourth image I've posted so far. He doesn't seem to set us off of any major quest hook, though, so we'll go south from here to the next nearest island.

Nope, I was here WAY earlier in the game. Ok, I don't know where to go... This could take a while, and since I'm not sure what I'm looking for, I mean it could take a real, long while. God damn it, I wish I could read Japanese, or even just tell the future... Come to think of it, I'd rather just be able to tell the future.

On I go...
...
...
...

It has an aura of thingness, yes...
Does this look like a thing to you? I know I haven't seen these stairs before, so I guess it can't hurt to go down and see what we stumble across.

Ok, looks new, looks new... What's this?

Oh, it's another of those gates.
This looks familiar, but somehow new. I guess that we can go inside, unless it's blocked off by guards, or monsters, or monster guards with swords made of alligators, that breathe non-hypoallergenic laundry detergent!

Nothing that interesting, sadly.
I'm not sure if I'm relieved, or let down... I'll go with relieved. There's not a lot at the gate worth mentioning, but there's a house that doubles as an inn here, and since I'm remembering to look for them, now, there's a tiny medal in a pot. Anyway:

Welcome to Dullsville!
This town looks boring as hell, from the outside. But then again appearances can be deceiving, so I guess I'll step inside and:

That's not the official name, but it works. All too well.
Find a really boring town...

I think the only things worth note here are the tiny medals, one of which is located in the inn's yard, and the other in the house to the north of it. Other than that, nothing. The only real distinguishing characteristic of this town is the church:

This is one of those Dragon Quest Hot Spring Resort Towns(TM), isn't it?
Which isn't even really distinguishing, as much as it is opportunistic. On second thought, I take that back:

'Welcome to Our Lady of the Slumming Hobbit, finest cave-church for as many as TEN miles in any direction!'

This is definitely interesting, and unique for a little shit hole town. And that's good, because I have a few chores that need to be done, so it's time for us to save and call it a day. I'll be back with more, tomorrow, so keep on reading, and I'll keep on babbling like an asshole and repeating "I have no idea what I'm doing," over and over again, hopefully for your amusement.

No comments:

Post a Comment