We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, May 11, 2012

Frivolous Fridays: Minecraft 360!

For today, a special video! My brother Isstvan82 is an old hand at Minecraft but, since I have a very underpowered PC (refurbished office gear circa 2005) I can't actually play it on my machine. So, I held out for the 360 version, and my first experience is documented here, courtesy of Isstvan, as a newcomer's first impressions of Minecraft.



I suspect since I'm not accustomed to WASD/Mouse controls (on any level) and have no preconceptions, I'm adapting better than Isstvan and AngeliqueDaemon would. I'll say this about the game: on paper it sounds like some kind of busywork simulator, but the fact is it's an open-world game with pretty much unlimited exploration options and an incredibly complex and rewarding item-crafting system. It is a timesink of the highest order, and pretty much can be whatever kind of game you want it to be. I'm having a lot of fun with it- it's swallowed two afternoons on me already - and if I could just get Isstvan away from the HD monitor I'd be playing it right now.

Also, everything you're heard about Creepers? Entirely true. Little bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment