We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Flailthroughs Second Anniversary Contest!

It's our Second Anniversary! Flailthroughs began with this post on August 14th, 2010. Since then, AngeliqueDaemon, Isstvan82 and I have played all the way through 11 different Japanese games, some a breeze and some astonishingly difficult. But, it's been fun! I want to thank the two of them for aiding and abetting me on this insane undertaking, as well as everyone who has read us, watched us, and hopefully laughed at us. With us, I mean. Hey, either way.

But to mark the occasion, we're having a contest!
Isstvan and I have selected from our collections three games, playable on US Game Boy systems (and DS and DS Lite in one case) that we feel run the gamut of the Flailthroughs experience:

EASY MODE: Yu Gi Oh: Worldwide Edition for Game Boy Advance! This game is a Japanese game, but can be (and has been) set to English and can be played without any knowledge of Japanese at all!

NORMAL MODE: Pocket Monsters Blue Version for Game Boy! This is the Japanese third version of Pokemon Generation One, and while the graphics were poached for the US Red and Blue, that Blue was really Pocket Monsters Green. This game has never been released outside of Japan, but if you're familiar with Pokemon Gen1, you'll probably do just fine!

HARD MODE: Last Bible II for Game Boy! This game, an offshoot of Shin Megami Tensei(isn't everything?), is a sequel to a US-released game (Revelations: The Demon Slayer) but has never been released outside of Japan at all. It has a lot of Japanese dialogue and a monster-recruiting system built around conversation. In Japanese.

All three of these games (Gundam Mark II not included!) will go to a single winner, chosen randomly!

TO ENTER: Simply reply to this post and leave a contact where we can reach you if you win (email, Facebook page, Twitter, whatever suits you), and tell us one or both of two things:

1. Which of the games that we've flailed through is your favorite? (Click Here for the list of Completed Flails!)

2. What games would you like us to do a Flailthrough of in the future?

We'll accept entries for two weeks, until 12:00AM EST on Wednesday, August 29th. Good luck, everybody, and thanks for 2 years!

EDIT: Updated the rules to expand the contact methods!

8 comments:

  1. 1)I liked all the Final Fantasy reviews. IV and VI were my favorites.

    2)I would like to see a few less common titles, like Monster Guardians or Black Matrix Zero (big RPG fan).

    I hope it posts my email address. Let me know if it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see it, so if that doesn't work, feel free to leave me any other method of contact that works- Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, etc. Or you can email me your email address- mine's in the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just hit me up on facebook and I will pass along my email address, unless you just want to contact me there. :)

      Delete
  3. TheLegendOfZeldaLu2August 15, 2012 at 1:09 AM

    1) A GAME? A GAME? honnestly Isstvan... A GAME? ALL OF THE GAMES! honnestly I love all the games you review... the Final Fantasy was one of my favorites though... but Mega man was the shit also

    2)this is a hard one... a japanese game... hmmmm Black Matrix... maaaaybe... no I got it! Cho Aniki PLAY IT AND LAUGH AT IT! please I beg you! I appoligize if you dont see the same humor in this as I do... but it would make me cry happiness tears! also.. I do believe Isstvan knows whos this is... ;DDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is Jump Super Stars! I want that game so bad haha.

    I would like to see a Flailthrough of Bouken Jidai Katsugeki Goemon justbecause I know I'll never get to play it.

    You can hit me up at @WhaleyMAX :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1)Final Fantasy VI - I love this game, played it all the time as a kid!

    2)For a game I want to see you play how bout Akumajou Dracula Kun. It's an easier game but it's so much fun!

    I'm on twitter @retrogamergirls or my site is http://retrogamergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1)Final Fantasy VI - I love this game, played it all the time as a kid!

    2)For a game I want to see you play how bout Akumajou Dracula Kun. It's an easier game but it's so much fun!

    I'm on twitter @retrogamergirls or my site is http://retrogamergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Dragon Quest VI! Duh! It is best game.

    2. I'd like to see Black Matrix Zero. That would be a fun one.

    Twitter: @willstonez

    ReplyDelete