We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Fun With Hong Kong Bootlegs: Ah! My Goddess (AKA Oh My Goddess!) Part 2

Okay, here we go with more! Check out part 1 for context if you want any! (It doesn't help much.)




 Aw, but I kind of prefer The Shining as a movie.
 There's so many jokes to make here that've been co-opted by groups I don't really want to be a part of...
 Some translations say "Mara," the name of an actual mythological demon. Some say "Marller," which is the translation used in Japanese media. But no, this is clearly Austrial composer Gustav Mahler!
 Who is apparently immune to Autobot Leaders!
 Accurate translation, but still awkward. If this is equivalent to Urd sitting in your lap then sure, I'll be motorcycle sometimes.
 She do.
 I just like the translation of "helmet" as "life shield."

 She and Sayoko were just comparing cup sizes, so... huh?
 The plot of Ah My Goddess in one sentence.
 Don't forget to change her litterbox and water dish. (I mean, I get what they're going for but hell, phrasing.)
 Damn Austrian composers and their cockblocking.



 April Fool's Day seemed to be in a good mood to me, but who am I to argue with the guy whose girlfriend can talk to birds and dogs and cats?
 The plot of Ah My Goddess in another single sentence.
It is.  And here comes the clip show recapping the disc I don't have!
 Nothing that happens is going to help with his confusion.
 It sure did.


 
 Yeah, I don't believe him either.



 No, that's a chocolate heart. (Context: what AkiMegumi says is "Sasuga Belldandy," meaning something along the lines of "Just what I'd expect of you/only you could do this so well," etc.)
 Don't sell yourself short, Urd.

 "Sis, do  you ever feel... not so fresh?"
"Yes. It's the Sith's fault."
 Uh.
 
Accurate but clunky.


 Huh?
 Demons, Traffic Cones of the cosmos.
Again: Uh. This is not the translation from the actual episode.
Same. Nice to talk these with you guys!

Next: Skuld. She will annoy you probably, as that is her job.

No comments:

Post a Comment