We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Flailthroughs - Jump Superstars! (Part 14)

And we move on to the first stage in our desolate wasteland. I'm a bit surprised to see that the first stage is a verdant forest, as I've never seen those in many post-apocalypso style worlds, (it's a dance, trust me) but I figure what the hell? It makes as much sense as anything else I've run across in this game... and speaking of nonsense, I'm not entirely sure what the goal of this stage is. I have a counter, but unless it's keeping track of the number of times I swear at it, then I don't think it's going to go up any time soon.

Ok, so three or four tries later,I discover this is another one of the stages with odd, senseless goals. My job here is to shove a treasure chest around while my foe tries to beat it, or me, in the face. This makes a lot of sense to me for once, as I can't think of a better way to defeat the large-chested girl from One Piece, than to rearrange her furniture. I know it would piss me off if Nult just ran into my house and started shoving around my treasure chests, so I can hardly blame her for trying to kill me. I accomplish two goals, one for winning the stage I assume, and another related to the B button... I assume it's because I used it.

Next world!

Ok, it's a B-splosion stage now, and the symbol appears to be a printing error... I'm not sure what to make of it, other than it's either two 'X's standing side by side and connected at the arms, or two 'K's standing back to back. Perhaps this stage is poker-themed? We'll have to see, because I think that a random game of Texas Hold 'Em would drive me to drink, but would somehow keep the theme of the rest of the game, AKA insanity.

Ok! I get an answer to what it is! This stage is related to HunterxHunter! It's nice when the series actually throws their personal ideas for shipping into the title, so we know that this character, a teenage leprechaun, is apparently in love with himself... Yes, that does sound like pretty much every teen in the history of time, anime, and manga... especially hentai. He's an excited little bastard too, and I spend the stage pushing him off of oddly phallic-looking platforms into a pit, which is what you should do when you're standing on a giant wang, trust me. Four goals met as well, so I guess battling on a giant penis is important.



Hmm, this next stage looks on the map like your standard M-Flag stage, the only noticeable difference being that it is floating on a tiny island in the middle of space, which has a large gold tower on it... You know what? Hell no.

As someone who is afraid of heights, the idea of battling on land masses floating through the void of space is not, to me, all that comforting sounding of an idea. Now throw in an extra tiny little island that probably doesn't feel all that stable, and put a huge damn tower on top of it... Go fuck yourself game designers, you've just made me want to go down to the basement and hug something large that doesn't move easily... Still, as Marlon Brando is dead, I don't think that's an option for me.

One more stage for now, I think, then I'm going to go and hug the sidewalk out front.

Well I have no idea what happened there. Once again, I'm in a pretty, pretty forest, and I see my old friend, Hunter MacHunter of the Hunter clan, likely looking for his pot of gold which he lost the last time I handed him his own pancreas, but also with his friends; Sasuke and Generic Construction Worker. That's not so bad, they're all pretty weak, and I can likely take them with no...

What the hell is that? Apparently our little green friend has a move, or panel, or whatever the hell, where he summons a person with a fishing rod... this move will leave you wondering where you lost your fingers, and he seems to like to use it whenever he feels like you need to lay on the ground bleeding (often). I did manage to beat them, but I don't think I quite know how, or even if there were any goals for this stage. I do however know that Sasuke is still a dweeb, and I'm happy to have at least one constant in my life.

More tomorrow, gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment