We don't always like being nonplussed

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mother (earthbound 0) Flailthrough - Day 6 (sorry about the lateness.)

How many? I count tree.
Well, this thing has just left me stumped! Seriously though, the monsters around here are odd to an amazing extreme, and that's what I've always loved about Earthbound/Mother. Aside from the few I showed you last week, we also have this guy.

What are you looking at, four eyes?
Who I'm fairly sure is just a collection of floating eyeballs. Neat.
Then there's this fellow right here.

I guess he... uh... I got nothin'.
Who I'm reasonably sure is some sort of gummy bear monster.

There's also a set of two floating eyes, but I won't waste space with a picture of them. Just know that they will ruin your day, and they are tiny death gods.

So, onto other things...

I had the thought, and that is a rare event in and of itself, that maybe I should try using the PSI ability that sent me up here on the people at the gate I couldn't get through, to see if it would work like the ice cream poop did. And as it turns out, that's exactly what I needed to do, and the Three Amigos stepped aside for me right away. Yay!

It's time to make my way inside of...

I'm not sure why the only difference between how the Japanese typically represent poop or ice-cream is color.
Castle Poopestine!

I'm sure that's not what it's called, but it really does, to me at least, look like a giant pile of anime style dog doodie. It also seems to be full of treasure, which is awesome right up to the point where I realize that my inventory is totally full, and I can't pick up a damn thing.

On the plus side, I think I've learned who I have to talk to.

Are you sure? She might just be a random unimportant NPC.
She looks kind of important, but that could just be my opinion on the matter. I speak to her and... What happened? Nothing, that's what happened, and there's nothing I seem to be able to do about that at the moment. Well crap. I guess it's back to town to have a serious look around again... Shit.

Let's trust a stranger with our precious items! Oh well, when in Poop Rome...
I am posting a picture of this house because even if it is small, and unremarkable, it is likely the most important house I've found to date. this is where I can store crap, and the man inside just seems to be perfectly happy to hold it all for me.

I do, however, think I know where to go next.

Actualy, Timmy has fallen into Devil's Gorge and has a compound fracture of the lower mandible. And points to you if you get the reference.
This is a pretty obvious location for some sort of dungeon. A well is never a good idea, ever. You're either going to have it poisoned, have monsters come out of it, or lose any number of Timmies down it until someone has the common sense to have water lines installed. This, of course, isn't always an option in the country, and that's why people in rural areas have to make damn sure never to name their children Timmy. Also, I think that I'm entirely wrong at my guess.

The Sea of Holes... into the Sea of Green.
Because this looks much more like the area to be... My God, it's like a Timmy Genocide! They probably have to import their Timmies in from the surface world, because there's no way these people could breed fast enough to keep up with demand.

Also... they're wells, and they're on CLOUDS! How in the name of Shigesato Itoi does that even work?! I find that it's best not to dwell on this sort of thing for too long, and by that I mean that I love rum.

Now this is where I'm going to have to end this update, because, and I hate to do this, I really need to find a katakana guide (for example, his older brother- Ed.) and see if I can figure out what a few things in my inventory are, so I can put them away.

More tomorrow, so stay tuned and we'll figure out which well is the right one!

No comments:

Post a Comment