We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Torneko: Epilogue

And now for my Final Thought.

Through determination and plain old stubbornness, Torneko managed to power through the Mystery Dungeon and find the Box of Happiness. Though his hardships were many, his wife was always there to... I dunno. Hand him a big loaf of bread and demand money. (Odd that of all the businesses she opened, not one of them was a bakery.) And yet, Lance Town now thrives, and the king is happy, and presumably so is Nene, and everyone has acknowledged Torneko's hard work thanks to the soothing power of a magical music box.

And now, should I have the time and inclination, I can go back and play Torneko: The Last Hope for PSX and pick up where I just left off. Some day. Eventually. Maybe.

I think that, in hindsight, this was a really bad game to do for Flailthroughs. Progress is very slow- slower than your average RPG, and setbacks mean a long time without anything new to report. I spent nearly as much time on this as That Guy did Pokemon Black. But this is my first full feature, so I'm learning. And I really do enjoy Mystery Dungeon games- Shiren the Wanderer's pretty cheap for DS (in English!) these days, and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Next up will be something a touch more traditional, and something from a series even I hardly know anything about. This was my warm up: I know Mystery Dungeons, I know Dragon Quest. Tomorrow we begin something else entirely. Until then: take care of yourselves, and each other. And tell your spouse they can kill their own Goddamn Slimes from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment