We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Flailthroughs - Jump Superstars! (Part 19)

Well, I'm off in Barbie land now, and to be honest I'm kind of wondering if this game ever actually ends. I mean, I've actually seen the ending credits at this point, but I somehow think it just keeps going on forever, getting more and more insane.

Well, whatever happens, I'm still moving forward, and am doing so to a stage that should be fun, as even though he's a pain in the ass, I still enjoy fighting Jojo. Here we go...

No Jojo, not even a little Jojo, though there was a bad guy that I'm pretty sure is from his series, but I'm almost entirely sure that Sasuke isn't from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. At least there aren't any more pits it seems, and I'm kind of mildly pleased a little bit by that fact, because it means that stages are now not just me sitting and shoving retarded people down a hole in the world... I almost felt guilty about it, to be honest. Well, I guess we had best move on and see what transpires next.

Football transpires.

Aside from being completely sure that is the only time in history those words have been used together, I am also completely sure that I hate everything, EVERYTHING football-related now. I'm not sure there was any limit to the characters the two people I was fighting could turn into, but I do know that they liked Super Saiyan Vegeta, and that he is a tiny, angry little demon man from Hell, or possibly HFIL in the English translation. Anyway, after two resounding defeats, I manage to beat them by throwing things at them and then running away like a coward. Throwing what you may ask? Anything. Energy blasts, their teammates, barrels, crates, bento boxes... It doesn't matter, but it does let me get three out of five achievements for this stage, so that's good enough.

Looks like the next world is Prince of Tennis, so I guess that I'm going to have to get ready to... No, I can't do it, ball jokes would be too easy here, and I managed to avoid them through the football stage, so I'm going to take the high road here and be an adult... testicles.

Well, this stage told me something that I pretty much knew to start... women are deadly. We had Black-Haired Girl (still possibly from One Piece) and we have Blond-Haired Girl in Bandanna, from Shaman King... also, the leprechaun again, but I'm going to have to say he classifies as a woman since he's below the age of ten, and when you're below the age of ten there's really no distinguishing difference. It took me about three tries since this stage seems to be the perfect definition of the world "clusterfuck," and they have a number of moves that are like smacking your head into a wall... only the wall is smacking you, and it's not a wall, it's tiny fists.

Oh boy! A baseball manga stage! Yay!

I'd like to mention at this point in time that I don't hate sports. I used to love playing sports with my friends, or anyone we just randomly met and convinced to join the game. It was a blast! But at the same time, I have never found WATCHING sports to be in any way interesting. It's like watching someone else play a video game for you, and they're getting paid to do it. So a comic about someone playing baseball? That's... wow, that's like paying someone five dollars a month to drive your car for you, and then you hop on a bike and ride off.

Anyway, back to the game.

Luffy, Goten, Sephiroth-Knockoff, and Sword Guy from One Piece as an alternate... that was worse than the last stage! I mean seriously, they're all gathering around me and knocking me back and forth like a ping pong ball as I try desperately to gather enough energy to tag them out. I've got to be honest here and say that I really miss the pits, because these stages are getting brutal. Not really surprised, as I'm still certain I'm making my way toward the end of the game, but Jeebus this is insane.

Fucking tornado!

Yes, another tornado. The only plus side of this is that it seems to lead me back to world four, and the Clam-Dome, which it looks like I'm going to battle people from Death Note in. I somehow always knew it would come down to be having to punch Light in the face inside of a giant Clam full of macaroni, don't ask me why... some times you just know.

Is it Light Yagami that awaits within the Macaroni Clam?



Well I was wrong, what ended up happening is Sakura, Luffy and Piccolo beat the crap out of me inside of a giant clam, and laughed at me. I would like to mention at this point in time that somehow, Sakura always managed to kick my ass, but when I play her apparently even her strongest move can be knocked out of the way with a punch. I know I'm probably shooting in the dark here, but it seems to me that she's about as useful as buying shoes that come three to a set. Pretty much useless, only use her when you lose one of your others, and only until you find it.

Well, that's it for the moment gang. I'll have more for you tomorrow, and I think we might be about ready to wrap this game up!

No comments:

Post a Comment