We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Flailthroughs - Jump Superstars! (Part 17) It's the Pits

Ok, looks like another M-Flag stage at the base of Kami's tower, and then I'll likely be heading south... that kind of sucks, because I wanted to see either... what's his name, the cat, or... the fat guy that stays with the cat. I love those guys! Ok, off to the stage to see what happens.

Ok, there's... two of the sun guys from Bobobo, and Vegeta! Hi Vegeta! Quit kicking my ass please!

That was a bit of a painful damn stage to say the least. The other two characters only seem to be there to get between me and Vegeta, and keep my powerful attacks from hitting him. That's a pain, but once I manage to take them down it's not too bad. I also accomplished four out of the five goals of this stage as well, so things are looking quite groovy. Quite groovy indeed.

Ahh! And on the world map, we have a stage with symbols that I can recognize! It's a yellow ball, with four red stars in it! Yu Yu Hakusho!... No, wait, I mean Dragonball Z! Five of the local currency (coins with a giant P on them) says that I don't see any DBZ characters on this stage.

Well, I lost that bet! It was a totally DBZ stage! Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo tried their damnedest to kick my ass all over the place, but I managed to find their Achilles Spleen, (like a heel, but harder to get at). I imagine you're all wondering what that is... Well, I guess this wouldn't be a very good walk through if I didn't tell you... come to think of it, this isn't a very good walk through at all, but I'll tell you anyway:

Pits.

With Piccolo already down, Naruto prepares to shove Vegeta into a pit.

Yes, you heard me, pits. It seems that in spite of their ability to, you know, fly, the people of Dragonball Z have a bad habit of letting people shove them down pits like a kid on a playground, (with pits) and let me beat the stage with very little real effort. Hell, some of them even fell into the pit regardless of anyone pushing or hitting them. They're just so damn thoughtful, aren't they? I always suspected that about Piccolo.

Uhh... this might be a bit anticlimactic, but I think I won... there was a closeup of Goku and those guys, and a few panels from DBZ, then it scrolled one by one through all of the manga that I've seen, showing me some of the characters, and now it's rolling the ending credits. That's... not an impressive ending at all.

Well, it's been fun guys, but I guess...

No, wait! I'm back at the world map, and there's a new tornado to jump into! It's not over yet gang!

And we're back in the first world again! This time it's labeling it as level 4-1, so I guess this is some sort of secret area, with a secret boss!... Luffy! $*#%&!!! Ok, ok, I'm fine, I just... Wow, the stage is a lot harder than it looks, since the people have a habit of turning into Super Saiyan Goku when they're going to use a super attack, and his attacks seem to blow through everything I do... Well, at least that's about right. Still, shoving turned out to be the answer again, so I'm glad that they're all maladroits.

Another boss stage right away? Neat! this one is Bobobo, and by the look of it I'll be fighting... Jojo, and Bobobo... I can only assume this is some sort of joke about their names, since they both use redundant syllables. Either way, it takes me about three tries to clear the stage, since apparently the combination of Bobobo's nose hair and Jojo's... ghost... snot, is hard to beat. Who knew?

One more stage, it seems to be on a little island all by itself, and it has the icon that's either a hot spring or a bowl of ramen noodles, which as I recall was Shaman King's symbol. Let's see.

Well, another battle, this time with the people from Shaman King as the stage said, this seems to be a new emerging trend, so I'm happy to see that... Though they do have a habit of turning into Automail-Sephiroth when they're backed into a corner, and apparently he is made of awesome and win, so my best bet is once again to run away like I'm facing a playground bully. I cleared the stage...

And a new warp tornado! That means that yes, there is more to the game!

But I need a break for the time being, so I'll bring you all another update tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment