We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 37 (If they start finishing each other's sentences, I'm setting the house on fire.)

Well we'll start out again as we do in any Pokemon game, by heading down stairs after saving the world and... seeing my mother is either a lesbian, or has an identical twin... I'm cool with the lesbian thing, because that's just how people are made. But twins? That's just creepy.

Doublemint got sick of looking for real twins, and is now experimenting with cloning.
Thankfully after a moment or two, the twin, or possibly my mother, turns into a frightening looking man who talks to me for quite a bit about something I'm not sure of. He asks me a question, I agree because what else am I going to do if not agree with everything everyone ever says to me, and he gives me... a fishing rod. You know, I had been wondering when I would get one of those. After he leaves, I decide to go out and see what sort of trouble I can get into...


Oh. Yay. It's Cheren and Belle. Huzzah.
This sort, it would seem. oh well, that's cool, I'll just... damn, I keep forgetting there's no button to kill characters at will. They both talk to me for a while about nothing important, I assume, when out comes Mr. Professor Bladdernut (I refuse to look up her name,) and he does.. something... HOLY CRAP! I think he just upgraded my Pokedex!

National Pokedex: CONFIRMED!

Yes, I'd definitely say that's what it is.

Alright, now I need to level up a bit more, since most of the Pokemon I was fighting, I managed to beat only out of pure luck. I'll get my team up a few levels, then get back to you in what seems like an instant!...

Three weeks. That's how long it took me to level my party. I don't even remember what level they started out as, all I know is that I am now sick to death of power leveling. I also found out that my Gamageorge could not learn the water HM I have that I'm sure I'll need, and so I had to catch a whole new Pokemon, level him up from 15, and only after that was done and he was level 60 something did I realize that he was an HM whore, and there was no reason to level him in the first place... WEE!

I suppose it's time to begin my travels yet again, so I decide that I'll start from the bottom rather than the top. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then here's an explanation... in the form of a picture.

Town Map! ...uh, Pokemap?
The towns on the right side of the map are the ones that were blocked off to me, either by construction workers, or Plasma goons, or some sort of miniature giant space hamster named Boo... it can happen.

I walk down the road and fight a small number of completely uninteresting trainers, ones that make me wonder if I leveled them too far... which if you ask me, is perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with plowing through all of the trainers you run into, and honestly I'm pretty sure that it's good for you, and has riboflavin in it. Anyway, I pass though a small tunnel of some sort, like a miniature house at the end of the road for no reason whatsoever. On the other side? Another bridge.

Something tells me the Pokemon Black Devteam saw a LOT of bridges on their trip to the US.
They really went big on the fancy bridges in this game, didn't they? I do really like the change from the older games where a lot of the times scenery was secondary in many respects. Walking over these bridges has started to be SON OF A BITCH!

Hm. Ninjas! /cardboardtubesamurai
The N-Team seems to have come out of damn nowhere, stopping me in my tracks, likely to bitch at me for something they feel that I've done to them or their master... or give me candy? No, no, it looks like they gave me the stones required for the gods from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl! How nice of them for such a pointless gesture, as I'm told you can only transfer from one Japanese game to another with the transfer method in this game. It's a shame though, I guess I won't get a chance to cover it...

Surprise! Also, aren't our business cards pretty?
Or will I? I think I'll make a special weekend update out of it, which will probably come at the end of this week... Assuming that my girlfriend doesn't mind taking a break from Pokemon Green, which I'm sure she will not. [Oh please GOD, I will love you FOREVER!!! - AngeliqueDaemon]

Moving on, I... move on, across the bridge. No battles, no trainers, nothing the rest of the way at all, aside from perhaps one person standing there contemplating suicide. I walk into the next building and see a few people standing around and decide to talk to them since... well hell, it's possible to talk to them and that's what you do in RPGs. One asks me some sort of question, and unfortunately I seem to agree that I desire to be anally violated.

Fair Fight. I HATE those.
Maybe I didn't level enough?.. Nope, they'll all wusses, and are gone in two rounds. Still, a three way? That's pretty hot... because I have two fire Pokemon, and one dragon... I'm funny damn you!

*Cough* Right, back on track. I come out the other side of the tunnel and am met by fog, and what seems to be a mobile home that could ONLY get into this position if someone had built it there from the ground up... seriously, look!

Whoa, foggy. Now we know what Pokemon 64 would have looked like.
See the lack of any kind of road? Isn't that neat? Anyway, I move up the set of stairs since the one at the bottom seems to lead to grass and trainer battles, and I don't feel like fighting them when I can explore a bit more. I then notice what I think is the transfer building, but I'm not sure as, like I said, I've tried to avoid as much information as possible about Black and White, so that I can keep this review pure. Anyway, I'll deal with that later. I follow the path to the right, and then down some stairs until I reach... Another tunnel! I pass through it so that I can see where I go next, and... Ohh...

Ominous! This should be fun.
I think that this might need its own full review... but that's going to have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry that this wasn't as interesting as it could be, but at the moment I'm recovering from one of the nastier colds that I've had in a while, and my funny is broken.

Talk to you guys more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment