We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 39 (If there's a rabbit in this cave, I'm leaving.)

Ok, I missed something important that I feel you ought to know.

As useful as HMs are I'm amazed Pokemon trainers give them away. They must also be dead common.
This kind little lady right here? She gives you HM06, also known as... I don't know, but it's water so I'm going to have to guess that it's Dive, which is the only other water HM that I know of. I'm also hoping it's the last one, as my water HM whore is full up.

So it's off to the east I surf, ready to see what sort of strange and interesting dungeon or cave or something I discover...


That looks... every bit as wholesome as the quicksand.
Dive spots, it would seem. Well, glad they gave me the HM for that right before I came here. Time to stick my head under the water and come up with something good.

Underwater Temple! Is it Emerald Weapon or Gogo down here?
That's... pretty cool, actually.

I head inside of the sunken temple thing and find that it's pretty much one big maze, but more importantly, it's a big maze with insane crap babble painted on the walls!

Oh COME ON! You have to know this one- how many sayings can there BE that start 'Sun Archway Bulgy-Anime-Forehead-Vein?'

It's a slight consolation to me, knowing that somewhere Japanese people are playing this game going "... what the hell am I reading?" and we are at this moment like brothers in confusion. But aside from being a very long, involved dungeon, it is also a long and involved one where it falls to bits after a certain number of moves. this is a bit annoying, as ALL of the plates seem to be spread about the area. for those of you that don't know or don't remember, the Plates are Pokemon types, and you can put them on Arceus to change his type to the type of that plate. it's pretty damn useful, if you know what's coming along in combat. Anyway, I go in a few dozen times, find some of the plates, and am not giving up on that so that I can look for more dive spots in the area...

There were two or three more spots, but it looks as though all of them lead to different parts of the temple area. I scoured, and aside from a few odd looking items which I would have to guess fall into the "nugget" category, like little statues and coins. I guess it's time to head back, heal, then head north because there's no way in hell I can take Cynthia yet.

Back to the desert! Do we get more quicksand? Is it Uncomfortably Sphincteresque Landmarks Day?
Well, route 13 is sandy and aside from a martial artist with OCD to my north, I don't see anything yet. I follow the path up and to the left, and run into someone that once again, I think looks very familiar...

Chancellor Palpatine, is that you?
Was that another Plasma person, or are they just someone with grey hair? Most of the leaders of Plasma had grey hair, because old white dudes and power tend to go hand in hand, but I'm not sure I recognize this guy.

The dress... actually doesn't really rule that out...
Ahh, that would be because the old dude is an old dudette. Normally I wouldn't bother posting something that boils down to me messing up, but I found it a mildly amusing mistake to make, so I'll leave it in.

Moving on, I go up and over a little ledge/hill/thing, avoiding most of the trainer encounters for the moment, then take out a tree and find an item. It's the electro... electric... it's a box full of sparks, that you use for evolving that one electric Pokemon... you know the one, he's got the pointy bits, and he's yellow, with black, or maybe brown? Yeah, you know the one I'm talking about.

North is more water, and I follow it up before I head to the left, because I'm pretty sure there will be neat stuff. I talk to agent Smith, and I'm pretty sure he gave me the blue pill or something I'm not sure of, but I'm completely sure that I don't want to take it. There's a house right by him which I head inside, then deal with one of the longest, non-quest related NPC dialogs I've ever had. They're old people, so it doesn't surprise me since some of them can go on for ages about things. Not that I'm dissing the elderly, they have a lot that they can teach us, and tell some awesome stories, it's just that what's wrong with your feet, what you had for dinner, and who among your friends just died is never on the top of that list.

I follow the stream up behind the home of the McBoringsons and see where it leads, because I'm just that kind of guy. I end up at a little house sitting in a little corner off by itself, surrounded by rocks on three sides. I don't know who the guy is, or why he looks vaguely familiar:

I think he looks familiar because he stole Megaman.EXE's helmet and dyed it brown.
but he gave me a couple of plates I didn't have before... I don't know the types they're for, but my guess would be a Mauve type, and a Seafoam type... or possibly baby powder blue.

I leave his house and follow the route around till it leads me north, and to a set of stairs heading up. At the top of the stairs I can either go north, or south along a set of bridges. I pick south, and as it turns out I'm eaten by a Grue. I guess I shouldn't have gone out into the dark alone, huh?

At the bottom of the area is this,

Oh man, KEEP that! Normally the IRS are the only ones that get to use the claw at tax time.
Which I took a picture of because it's some sort of claw, which I believe is somehow involved in Pokemon evolution, that or possibly income taxes.

Before I head north, I decide to head back down and follow the water a bit more, since I've got to fill out another paragraph or two and... umm, what I meant to say is that for the purpose of completion, of course I would have to go and search the area! It's for you readers, for you!... Did you buy it? No? Well, I tried, and as your parents tell you when you're small, that's what counts... until you become an adult and you learn that's BS of the highest caliber.

Back to what I was writing, I take the route all the way around and take a set of stairs up into the mountains, which leads me into MORE DAMN FOG! I can't express how much I hate this stuff, but at least it's clear enough that I can spot this!

No, that's the hole left when Streisand started singing and somebody needed to get away.
I don't know if you can make it out, but this is obviously Barbara Streisand!... No, actually it's something much more frightening (yes, it's possible) and that's a cave!... Or Cher.

I shall venture in tomorrow, as I'm sure by now you're all sick of my little "cliffhanger" endings where I act like I'm going to do something, then don't till the next day, executing my cunning deception in a manner that might confuse a very small kitten. So tomorrow dear readers, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment