We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Torneko Day 12: Home Improvement


One thing to note: the 13 whole Gold I was carrying has gone into whatever it is the note on the bedside is talking about. I almost wish I'd died sooner, because a damn Bag o' Laughs robbed me blind right before the Chimaera got me. Another thing I've discovered on my way back down in the Mystery Dungeon is that some of the scrolls occasionally have a better effect than normal: an ID scroll can randomly ID everything you have, and I think the Oomph and Buff scrolls will occasionally give you +3 to attack or defense other than the usual +1. I'm not back to floor 13 yet, but I'm doing a lot better this time. When I hit Floor 10 that one weird item is back, and I think it's what preserved my gold when I died- I see the world "gold" in the description, anyway.

Another important thing I've found out: Zombies' bad breath doesn't rot your bread. It corrodes your shield. My Dragon Shield is a -4 before I even know it. Argh! I reach the floor 13 stairs underleveled and starving, so I decide the hell with it and head down to 14 before I die. Let's see if I can gather more money before I cash it in, so to speak...

I actually manage to make it down to floor 15, where my 4096 Gold and I take a few steps before dying of hunger. And when I wake up in town, lo and behold!



Boy, has this place grown. I see weapons and armor- I don't suppose I can buy any of that to take with me...?



The new note on the side of my new bed says I've collected 0 of 3000 gold for the next goal. I suspect my wife has pocketed the other 3083 Gold above and beyond the last goal, and... I can't really complain as often as she's had to lug my bleeding carcass back to the house.


...Hey! I can actually leave the house without going directly to the dungeon! Not that I can make out much of anything I'm being told, but the fact that I'm making conversation and not punching a Slime is refreshing.

There are two ways out now: one to the north and one to the south. The foliage around the dungeon entrance to the south is rustier, more autumnal. Hopefully this'll mean some new features and enemies. Let's find out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment