We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Torneko 27: An Economist, Mr. Taloon is Not.

I am SO sick of the Clay Dolls that I could spit- I'm perpetually at Level 16 because they keep dropping my level before I can kill them. On floor 21, this is a major problem. Also, since HP is determined at random, I've wound up with two fewer HP than my spectacular 100 HP as seen at the end of the last post. Isn't that just GREAT?



...even better, the Mystery Dolls can drop my max HP or Power permanently at will. I'm down 2 points of power and my HP max is down to 93, but I'm hanging in there. And a couple Golems later I FINALLY hit Level 17.


I just wanted to share this picture of a Goopi grabbing Torneko's tunic. Not sure why but it struck me as funny.


..ah, okay. This thing that killed me once before is an Archdemon. Good to know! They're worth 750XP if you can kill them- they're damn tough though, doing around 25 damage a hit to me.

Back to Floor 25! Supplies are decent too. Though the Mystery Dolls are sapping me good- I'm down to 9 Power with my +3 Ring- base stat is usually 8. And out of three loaves of Bread in a room exactly ONE doesn't try to kill me.


...hey, it's a Green Dragon. I think I'm boned.

And I would've been were it not a Dragon-shaped shapeshifter. That was not his real shape. He shifted it.


FUCK! A Bomb Crag blows up on me on Floor 26 and a Silver Devil comes up behind it before I can heal. I. Lose. EVERYTHING.

But on the upside, if you can call it that, is that I only need another 22K before my wife can go away on a very important "Business Trip" with Mondo or whatever the fucking hell it is she's doing with ALL MY MONEY.

Seriously, what the hell? Why aren't any of these businesses generating any income? Why does the entire economy of this little shithole town rest on the shoulders of ONE middle-aged fat guy who, I would like to point out, is ALREADY a successful businessman in his own right, one who helped save the fucking WORLD, and should be doing book tours and otherwise living off his reputation and NOT getting eviscerated every goddamn DAY in a filthy, dark dungeon? Maybe if were were weren't supporting your Old Person collection and boy toy, DEAR, we could actually survive on what your gigantic shop and bar make.

Somewhere in Dragon Quest world there has to be at least one Priest whose menu reads: Confession, Resurrection, Divination, Bendediction, MARRIAGE COUNSELING. I need to find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment