We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, January 14, 2011

Torneko 35: Catching Up.

So, with my good gear all blown up, I pick my +3 Dragon Killer, Sanctuary and Escape Scrolls, and my bigass bundle of arrows. And A bigass bundle of arrows doesn't quite compensate for my loss of 5 attack and 16 defense, but it does make killing sleeping Magicians for XP pretty smooth.
Since I don't have the slightest sliver of a hope of a chance of getting back down to Floor 27 yet, my short-term goal is to find a shield to Buff and Plate so I can build up my kit to make the Big Run. I manage to find a shield better than the one I've spent this run working on, so I'll use it as a spare. My Dragon Killer's up to +4, and I found a new Power +3 ring. A few more runs and I should be in business. I also find a lot of money, but with the lure of the (Something) of Happiness just out of reach, my wife doesn't seem as interested in my money anymore. I mean, she still takes it- she's not stupid. But we don't even talk about it. There are no goals, no buildings waiting to be built. Money is a piddling, unimportant offering now. Maybe if I wrap it in Mondos.


After three trips my sword, at least, is up to my previous levels. The shield will take more time. I'm doing pretty well, though, so maybe I don't need to wait for a Defense of 20. I also found five Escape Scrolls, so I don't need to worry about that much for a while. Bit by bit I'm learning to work smarter- see a Liquid Metal Shield? Grab it, so the next unnecessary Plating Scroll you see can be put to good use for the NEXT time you get too greedy and blow your fool ass up.

Another important thing I learned- WITHOUT dying for once -is that besides the Bomb Crag's explosion, another thing that penetrates a Sanctuary Scroll's otherwise impenetrable barrier is Dragonfire. A Green Dragon misses its attack for a single turn, and thanks to that I escape with my life on Floor 26. My Defense is back up to 15 or 16, and my attack is similar. If not next time, I'll have it the time after.

I'm stocked up and ready to go. Monday, we finish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment