We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, April 8, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: So where's Queen Isabella?

So here are our choices for our new ruler:


Top is a Medea-type named "Deidameia," next is a Bear-clan member named Ferdinand, then a Henry-type named Phillip, and lastly an Algol-type named Canopus.


Ferdinand is interesting: he has the most HP, the second-most LP, and unlike his predecessors some levels in Foom and Blue Rock. ...actually that's not the Ice magic icon, I don't know what it's supposed to be.



So let's find out!


Except we won't, because apparently a character can only have so many skills, and the royal line's skills trump the character's base talents. Pity.


Our numbers are good: the treasury's back up to five million Crowns even after Medea's two million expenditure on something or other, and we're bringing in 10,400 per fight, double what Medea got to start with. Before I do anything else I decide to head out into town- I'm hoping we've got something new to see after the aforementioned 2M project.


Sure enough! A new path has opened up by the weapons shop.


Nice archway! 2M is starting to look like a fair price.


It's a school! No wonder we're doing so well- Avalon's a college town now, looks like.


This guy here asks me a multiple-choice quiz. I think I have to get 6/10 correct, but since I can't understand what he's saying and only occasionally pick up the right context, it's a struggle. The questions are all about the game and its world, which I guess helps? Hard to say. I get it right on the second try, but I'm not sure what if anything that does for me. There's also a set of stairs, but they just lead into the empty dungeon that I should've found during Gerarl's reign but didn't. But when I come back upstairs, the place is packed. Maybe that's what acing the multiple-choice test did for me?


Hey, it's Wolverine wearing a cape and sunglasses! We talk a minute, and then when I talk to him again I can recruit him.


Okay, he's no Wolverine. His name is Shigen, and he's a pure Magic User. But he's got like 16 levels in Shininess, so that may be helpful. Come Monday, we'll get the rest of the group together and head out maraudin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment