We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Torneko Day 4: Mushrooms, Mummies, Mines!

Okay, so I just got the Zoom Herb so I can bail out if I get in trouble. Now it's time to try and get into trouble.


Down to floor 4, first thing I find's another Chikara Herb.


Hey, it's a Funghoul! It can probably put me to sleep too, so hopefully I can end this quickly...

Not really- tough fight. And it doesn't put me to sleep- it saps my Power stat. Guess I'll hang onto the next Chikara Herb I find to remedy that. Picked up some arrows a couple rooms down, which made the next Funghoul that much easier. And I'm level 5 now!

Ah, just got the message that I'm hungry. Time for the loaf of bread my wife thoughtfully packed for lunch. That puts my Stamina level back up to 99%, so I'm good for a few more floors at least. The herbs I eat give a small boost to stamina too. So, down to floor 5!


Change in scenery again- woody.

That's another Zoom Herb to Torneko's right. My inventory's full now and I've got two or three unidentified shields. This is possibly stupid, but I'm gonna try them on- one of them may be better than what I'm wearing. If they're not, y'know, cursed.



Two of them are the Defense 3 shields from my first disaster of a visit to the dungeon. Number 3 is this weird spiky little number I'm gonna try out. Defense of 4, but I'm hoping it'll damage enemies. I found a Chikara Herb somewhere down the road but it only restores one of my two missing points. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes peeled.



New weapon! I'm still out of inventory space so I toss a couple shields so I can pick it up- taking care not to smack that Magician. Let's see what it is!



...it appears to be a Lirpa. Next time Torneko is challenged to Vulcan ritual combat, he will be ready. It's a point better than the Club, but I'll have to try it out next time I find a non-Magician to fight so I can see if it does anything weird.



I have no idea what that is, but it does 7 points a hit to me. I may be in trouble if I see more than one. Killed a mushroom and levelled up on my way through, though.



Okay, see that? That is an Explosion Trap, and it took half my HP. They also destroy any items too close. I wait near the stairs to recuperate and head down to the next level. Which we'll cover tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment