We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, October 22, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 15 (I was wrong, my monkey does have something to hide.)

PGen is now Kenhorou! Yeah, that is Quaily...

This happened as I was finishing up, it's called Kenhorou, but he's still my little Pgen... He also looks more like a quail than a pigeon, if you ask me.

I make my way back to the split path that was between the small desert where I just finished power leveling, then head in the direction of what should be the next town. There was a random trainer along the way with one bird pokemon, no big deal. As I step into the tunnel between this area and the next, I'm met by the Librarian and Professor Bladdernut, who seem deep in conversation about something, but stop when I get there... I'm really hoping this isn't some sort of creepy love triangle, because no, just no. She talks to us for a bit, then gives us both something that I can't seem to figure out, then she and Librarian both head south for some reason... I suppose I'll check to see if it's anything important.

I find nothing back to the south, so I continue to the north and discover... Vegas?

Hope Caesar's Legion isn't lurking about- I hate those guys.

And not only do I discover Vegas, but look! Stupid people in costumes! That can only mean one thing! Cesar's Palace. No, wait, it just looks like it's Plasma again, and they're showing how just and noble they are by harassing some old man. What jerks.

Sweet! A bike! It's about damn time someone showed me a bit of thanks... Aside from all of the times that they have already shown me thanks, which doesn't really count, because they didn't give me a bike to express it. Anyway, after awesome bike man wanders off, Girl with Hips Large Enough to Birth Octuplets all at Once comes up and starts talking to me, spins in a circle, then wanders off aimlessly... I wonder if this is how deaf people see the world, and if it's just as surreal to them. Someone walks up to you, says something you don't understand, gestures, then wanders off... They must laugh at people constantly, because I know I would.

On we go. I see a large building,


I guess it'd be the Pokesubway- everything has to begin with Poke.

but as I attempt to enter it, some girl rushes out and bumps into me, then gives me a device that looks quite a lot like the old Game Boy Camera, though with a screen attached. I fiddle with it for a moment and find that it's called a Battle Recorder, and then decide that I'm not interested in it in the least. I hate to say it, but with my extremely limited knowledge of Japanese, I don't think I'll be able to explore this aspect of the game. I decide to head inside of the building to see what's going on...

And I am confused, but that's nothing new so far in this game. It seems to be some sort of subway system, but I don't know if I'm supposed to get on any of them yet or not. I'm sorry that I couldn't get a good picture of it, by the way. So now I think I'll explore the city a bit more, and see if anything strikes my attention.

Indoor tennis court, maybe?

This place, for instance. Normal-looking building next to the pokemon center, inside... Evil battle arena? No, that doesn't even make sense. Why bother hiding it in a normal looking building, since it's entirely legal? Whatever the reason for it, no matter what I pick, it seems to do nothing, so I head back out to explore the town... and then I run into our dear old friend(?) N. He seems very excited, and leads me over to what seems to be the world's smallest Ferris Wheel, aside from maybe the kind you see at high school fairs, or small, frightening carnivals.

You could be dating Aeris or Tifa now if you'd been nicer to them.
Umm... Are he and I on a date?... I think we might be, and that isn't something that I really... Oh thank god for Plasma showing up to spoil the mood! N seems pretty annoyed by this though, and asks me something, then decides to attack me before Team Plasma gets a chance to. That's pretty bitchy there Bubba, I gotta say, and not only that, but really bad form. Then, after I defeat him and the Plasma grunts seem to have run off without me fighting them, he gets REALLY close to my face, and I see this...

I think the excessively pretty man said something about a champion. -Ed.
Seriously... What's with all of the ambiguity? I'd really like to see a male character where there wasn't even a sliver of a doubt to their gender, aside from the main character... Even Librarian could be a tomboy.

No matter, I begin to head my way back to the rest of town to heal up and continue looking around, when I see something that actually frightens me to my core.

Giant Pikachu should fight Godzilla.

That's just damn scary to me, and I don't know why, other than GIANT PIKACHU WILL DESTROY US ALL!

*Cough*

As I continue my exploration, I head a bit too far to the left and am suddenly met by Giant Butt and she stops me from going anywhere... But I didn't WANT to go anywhere, I just wanted to explore the town! Wait, where are you taking me? Why does that building say 'Musical' on it?! NOOOO! DO NOT WANT!

Well, she manhandled me inside and some old man spoke to us for a moment, then handed the both of us our fashion cases, which is something I had been happy not to have quite yet. Now I'm being forced to sit through a tutorial on how to dress up pokemon, and I think neither I nor my Dunky want to be here right now. I manage to escape with the last semblance of manhood un-shattered, and find Big Bottom Girl outside talking to some random guy... from the music, I almost think he's asking her on a date. Things are going badly, then out of nowhere some strange girl with even stranger hair comes up, and talks Lardzilla's stalker into leaving.

By the way, I don't think Dunky will be forgiving me for a while for what I did to him.


I've never used the Fashion Case in a Pokemon game, and this doesn't make me want to start.

That's all for this week! Come back Monday when I'll be seeing if I can fight the gym leader!

No comments:

Post a Comment