We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 17 (A bridge too far. Or, our hero dates a cave dweller.)

I wander my way around town, looking for some sort of clue, and I spot a man with a backpack in front of the Ferris wheel... I have no idea what he's asking me, but sure, I'll agree with what you say crazy man spinning in circles. It looks like what he wanted out of me was a battle and I think it's a bit cheap that he's as high a level as the local gym leader. Weren't gym leaders supposed to be expert trainers or something? Well, no matter...


Gantoru: The I-would-be-a-boss-monster-in-any-other-game Pokemon.

That is one freaky Pokemon. It's no big deal though, and my Pigno makes short work of him, but...


You should have at LEAST been nicer to Yuffie.

Why am I now going on a date with this guy? Will someone please get me off of the romantic ride with the creepy pedophile? Pretty please? I don't want to be locked in a small space with a Hiker, they're fat and smelly, and spend WAY too much time alone in the mountains, if you catch my drift.

Anyway, after a quick scouring of the town, I decide that I'll head out of the town on the left hand side. Why? Because I'm right handed, so my first instinct is to go to the right, and I feel like being contrary today. I seem to have picked the right route, because as soon as I take two steps out of the gate Librarian is there to speak to me. Yes, it's time for a Pokemon battle.

Looks like he's sporting the upgrade of Choroneko, who is now, Lepardas. Cute little guy, eh?

Lepardas!
Shame I have to send him off to his burning death, but it's worth it because that takes my Chaobuu to level 36, which may evolve him at the end of combat. It's turning out to be a bit tougher fight than I thought, because this guy,

Futachimaru: The otter in sweatpants Pokemon.

is one tough tough little cookie, and I'm weak to him on top of it. So, I send out my Yanakki to leaf him to death. You have to watch out for those leaves, trust me. Fall is a bloodbath. Next he sends out his fire monkey, an unevolved Boappu, and my plant monkey still takes him out in a single hit... probably a crit. A Hatooboo is next, and he says something that looks like it's pretty smug when he sends him out, but it's still dead in two round. Seriously, what's with all of the damn monkeys?

What? Yes! We have evolution!

Pigno is now an Enbuo!
Say what you want, I think this guy kicks major ass. He might not be as cool as Charmander or even Blastoise, but back in the day I remember a lot of kids thinking they looked pretty dumb too... Right up until someone kicked them in the balls for insulting their favorite Pokemon.

After I beat Librarian, (maybe I should bother looking up his name some time) the electric gym leader comes up and starts to talk to the two of us. She starts to lead us away, when a man... let's call him Fire Gym Leader, stops us to talk.

Fire Gym Leader seems to be talking about a Festival... -Ed.

See why I'm making that guess? Yeah, pretty obvious.

He speaks to us for a bit, then brings over two children to fight us. Classy guy, that Fire Gym Leader, making kids do all of the hard work, or possibly using them to watch us fight to gain the advantage. They send out a pair of Haderia, and they last maybe four rounds since Librarian doesn't seem to know what he's doing in a team Pokemon battle. Fire Gym Leader then yells at the children and says something to us, likely that I'm awesome. After everyone is done talking the electric gym leader wanders off, and Fire Gym Leader just sort of stands there like a doof. Well done Sport, you fail at being a teacher.

I step over to talk to a cook, thinking I might be able to buy some interesting Pokemon items from them or something, when I find that they're actually another random trainer.

She's adorable! ...but she seems to have baked her Pokemon?
The most delicious trainer I've ever met.

'And now I'm gonna play a song about the time a trainer set my Yanappu on fire.'
And this is just the silliest trainer I've ever met.

I follow the road a bit more and run into Librarian and electric gym leader who seem to be standing and staring off into the distance, doing nothing in particular. There's some sort of check in station that they walk up to... then this.

Aw, I already used the Roger Rabbit quote.
The worst picture I've taken to date, and the biggest damn bridge I've ever seen... wow, I'm seeing a lot of stuff I've never seen before in video games. Anyway, she gets them to lower the bridge for us so we can continue, and that's just groovy of her.

Ok, time to do some more power leveling, and tomorrow we cross the bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment