We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, March 4, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Agnes Sleeps With The Fishes

When we step into the canoe, we're allowed to move it. Unsurprisingly, there's fish swimming around trying to kill us.


Fish like Neptune, there at the top, f'rinstance. Fritz learns an Unarmed tech called Capoeira Kick, very effective, but Walrus and Amethyst go down. I'm more worried about Agnes than either of them though, as she only has 3 LP left. Think I might swap her for Orion if she goes, though- gotta plan ahead at this point.


Two fights later though we're TPK'ed, again, so there goes Capoeira Kick. Damn. Those fish in the front, Hecteyes, are vicious. But now that I've figured out that you'd BETTER be coming at these fishies guns blazing, this should go a bit better. Another thing I've learned is that you can run in a fight first-thing, 100% success, with no penalties. So if I see another two Hecteyes fight I can get the hell out before anyone dies.


In the middle of a fight, it happens: No More Agnes. And I don't think I can even get out of here and go tell her family. Walrus' LP are looking pretty terrible too- time to make an alt-save.


I test my theory at the south exit, and I seem to be right- it's not the map, and the wind is absolutely howling in a most foreboding fashion. It's the lake or bust. Saddest thing about Agnes being gone is that she had our only truly effective group-targeting attack. Fritz needs a lot more practice before Light Ball's up to snuff.

The bad news keeps coming: without a fifth for bridge, we can only use the Free Fight formation. That might keep Walrus alive a bit longer, but it exposes the super-fragile Amethyst, and Fritz.


No idea what to do with this big guy- can't interact with him, but he's big enough that you have to sail around him. But looking around, I do find another dock.


One that leads out to a big, empty slice of the World Map where I can't go anywhere but back into... Wyringa, I think they're calling it? Then another wipeout on the boat, so I'm glad I saved. But having had a look around, I'm pretty sure the lake isn't where I need to be at this point. So on Monday, we try out the Windy South!

No comments:

Post a Comment